UEFA charges Saint-Etienne over fan misconduct at Man United
European Football Headlines
- Amid rape allegation, Jordaan re-elected SAfrica soccer boss
- Future unclear for Ronaldo, Bale after Champions League win
- Mattocks, DC United get 1-1 draw with 10-man LAFC
- Armenteros scores twice, Timbers win 6th straight
- Ramirez, Ibarra help Minnesota United beat Impact 2-0
- Wonder-goal, gaffes, injuries as Madrid seals CL three-peat
- Alan Gordon scores in 82nd, Fire beats Orlando City 2-1
- Robles honored in Red Bulls' scoreless draw with Union
- Saucedo scores first goal of season, RSL tops Sounders 1-0
- Cristian Techera has hat trick, Whitecaps tie Revolution 3-3
(AP Photo/Dave Thompson)
NYON, Switzerland (AP) UEFA has opened a disciplinary case against Saint-Etienne for misconduct by its fans during the Europa League game at Manchester United.
The French club was charged over fireworks being set off and objects being thrown at Old Trafford on Thursday.
UEFA says its disciplinary body will deal with the case on March 23. United won the first leg of the round of 32 game 3-0.
Updated February 17, 2017