Roma midfielder Florenzi tears ACL again, out for season
European Football Headlines
- Amid rape allegation, Jordaan re-elected SAfrica soccer boss
- Future unclear for Ronaldo, Bale after Champions League win
- Mattocks, DC United get 1-1 draw with 10-man LAFC
- Armenteros scores twice, Timbers win 6th straight
- Ramirez, Ibarra help Minnesota United beat Impact 2-0
- Wonder-goal, gaffes, injuries as Madrid seals CL three-peat
- Alan Gordon scores in 82nd, Fire beats Orlando City 2-1
- Robles honored in Red Bulls' scoreless draw with Union
- Saucedo scores first goal of season, RSL tops Sounders 1-0
- Cristian Techera has hat trick, Whitecaps tie Revolution 3-3
ROME (AP) Roma midfielder Alessandro Florenzi has torn the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee again, ending his season.
Roma team physician Riccardo Del Vescovo made the announcement Friday, saying Florenzi will undergo arthroscopic surgery.
Florenzi has been out since tearing his ACL during a match against Sassuolo in October. He was re-injured in training last week but the injury was not confirmed until it was examined Friday.
Florenzi has scored two goals in 24 appearances for Italy.
Updated February 17, 2017